Diamond Buyer & Dealer in Melbourne – Best Prices
When you sell your diamond jewellery in Melbourne, you want to sell it for the highest price. It’s best to go with diamond buyers that have a secure transaction and instant quote. Sell diamonds for the best price with Gold Buyers Group – a trusted diamond buyer in Melbourne. We give on-the-spot quotes for diamonds. Our team tests diamonds for carat, clarity, colour, and cut to make a great offer based on the market price.
How do We Determine the Price of a Diamond?
We offer cash for diamonds, regardless of their condition. While gold and silver prices are based only on their purity in carats and their weight, the price of diamonds is based on various other factors such as:
- Diamond shape: The price and usage of a diamond are decided based on its shape. Diamonds are majorly divided into two categories, namely round and fancy-cut. Amongst these, the round diamond is perfectly symmetrical shaped and commands the highest price. Meanwhile, fancy-cut diamonds include all other varieties of diamonds that are not round-shaped.
- Diamond Carat: This is the measured weight of the stone that determines its price. Most of the diamonds are very small or mid-range. Large diamonds are rare and hence, fetch a higher price. In short, the bigger the diamond, the higher its price.
- Diamond Colour: Diamonds come in many colours and some come at a high price. However, a white diamond with a yellowish tint has a lesser price. The colour grading of a diamond is the D category – which is colourless diamonds and the Z category – which is light-coloured diamonds. Meanwhile, coloured diamonds have a separate grading category.
- Diamond Clarity: The clarity of a diamond also impacts its demand and price. It’s determined by the presence or absence of flaws, which can be either internal (inclusions) or external (blemishes). Greater inclusions result in more interruptions to the refraction of light. On the other hand, less inclusions can give more clarity and brilliance. Almost all diamonds have inclusions and only a few are flawless or pure.
The diamonds you want to sell or buy can be from any of these categories of clarity:
- Flawless (FL)
- Internally Flawless (IF)
- Very Very Slight Inclusions (VVS1/VVS2)
- Very Slight Included (VS1/VS2)
- Slightly Included (SI1/SI2)
- Included (I1/ I2/I3)
- Diamond Cut: This refers to the symmetry, polish, and proportions of the diamond. How well it is cut can be determined by the way the light entering it reflects to the viewer. The diamond needs to be cut with precision and polished to make it shine with brilliance. A well-cut diamond can fetch you a better price.
Please note that these are only general terms regarding the worth or value of diamonds. The price of diamond jewellery you want to sell will also depend on various other factors. To get an exact quote for your diamond, visit our store and get it evaluated by our expert staff.
Why Choose Gold Buyers Group?
At Gold Buyers Group, selling diamonds is a simple and hassle-free process. You don’t need a prior appointment – simply walk into our store. Bring your diamond jewellery, have it tested by expert staff and get an instant quote. We are a reputable buyer and seller of gold, and silver too.
With us, you get:
- Highest value for your diamonds
- Clarity on diamond carat and value
- Pricing based on current market value
- Secure process
- On-the-spot cash payments
The best cut for a diamond is considered the “round brilliant cut” also known as the “princess cut.” With this cut, the light entering the diamond is brilliantly reflected through all angles.
Diamond clarity is its purity, graded by an expert who uses 10X magnification to look for blemishes or inclusions. The lesser the blemishes, the higher the grading and the clarity. FL is the highest grading which means that the diamond is flawless.
A secure way to sell a diamond and get the highest price is to sell it to a reputed shop like the Gold Buyers Group. Bring your diamond to us, our expert staff will evaluate it, give you an on-the-spot quote and give instant cash payment.
This document gives the buyer, clarity and assurance about the diamond’s value that’s purchased. This is issued by the jeweller or the store from where you are buying the diamond. The certificate has details such as its value and unique features. Additionally, it serves as a “proof of identity” for the diamond.
The cost of the diamond depends on a lot of factors, primarily the 4C’s: Colour, Clarity, Cut, and Carat weight. The cost of diamonds also depends on their demand-to-supply ratio. To get the current cost of diamonds you can check our website or call us on 91 91 44 84.
The diamond’s fluorescence is the intensity of blue light or coloured glow in a diamond when exposed to UV light. About one-third of all diamonds will not glow in the UV light. You shouldn’t depend on the diamond’s fluorescence to estimate its value or let it influence your decision on buying or not buying the diamond. Always rely on an expert opinion to know the diamond’s real value that you intend to buy or sell. Reach out to our expert staff today on 91 91 44 84 for more details.